2007/10/18

Chao eggplant with hogs' intestine - 茄子炒大腸

[English]
Here are three dished in my lunch: Zha(pan-fried) pork, Jian(deep-fried) tofu, and Chao(stir-fried) eggplant with hogs' intestine. OK! I know the strangest one for foreigners is the fried eggplant with hogs' intestine. So let's talk about it. You can see it on the top of picture.
For Chinese food, eating eggplant and hog's intestine is very common. But I also eat the combination of them in my first time. My mother must buy the Chao hogs' intestine outside and then process it with eggplant. She, a career woman, sometimes prepared meals with ready-made dishes from whether overleft or outside to save her time.
In my impression, the eggplant I saw overseas is indeed round like an egg. I have eaten baked eggplant with cheese in western-style restaurant before. A ball-shape eggplant was cut half and covered cheese. I can't forget its savor smell so far. However our eggplant is long slender form like a cucumber and we cut it to block shape to cook. And the eggplant would become soft and meshed. Even many Chinese hate the eggplant. But I love meshed eggplant.
After hogs' diaphragm I introduced, the intestine of hog is the second organ of pigs I talk about. You can see how we like to eat the internal organ. Maybe foreigners regard them as offal but their nutrition and special taste lead them to become common materials. Furthermore, the large intestine of hogs is most popular organ in Chinese food. Many of famous dished are made by large intestine. Its chewing feeling is elastic but the superior one should be dissolved after chewing a few times. The best way you can figure out is tasting by yourself. Ha!

[中文]
煎豬排、炸豆腐、茄子炒大腸是今天的午餐,我想說老外一定覺得茄子炒大腸比較特別,所以就來介紹這道菜吧!本來茄子和大腸對我們來說都還算滿平常,但這次我媽把兩者混在一起炒就連我也沒吃過了,八成是用在外面買的大腸回家加工。對職業婦女來說,買外面的東西或是用剩菜來加工是簡單又方便。
我以前有吃過焗烤茄子,後來發現國外的茄子都是又大又圓,難怪它的英文名字叫「植物蛋」,真的跟雞蛋的形狀很像。但我們這邊的茄子好像都是長棒狀,然後都會切成塊狀煮來吃,煮完之後就會變的軟軟糊糊的,我個人還滿喜歡吃這種軟趴趴的茄子,可是有人就會覺得很噁心,我看外國人大概也食不下嚥吧!
上次介紹完豬肝連以後,這次講到大腸不知道有沒有把老外嚇到了,不過咱們本來就是很愛吃內臟的民族,當我在查「內臟」這個單字的時候,有一個字「offal」也是指牲畜的內臟,但也有廢物的意思,可想見外國人都把內臟當廢物處理。但對我們來說什麼器官沒吃過勒,尤其「豬大腸」應該是最常見用於食材的器官了,許多有名的食物都有大腸在裡頭。下次一定要介紹老外吃吃看這個有嚼勁的食物,不過也要拿好一點的給他吃,以免他咬不爛。哈哈!

沒有留言:

------------------------------------------------

Line

##HIDEME##